Terms & Conditions
I hereby acknowledge that I am attending the Absa Marathon (the “Event”) with Absa Bank Limited (“Absa”) and the Lusaka Fitness Squad (“LFS”) from on 26 August 2023.
- I am fully aware of and appreciate all the risks associated with all the activities, including transportation to and from (if applicable) the Event and I hereby consent to all activities, including transportation to and from the Event provided by Absa (if applicable), which are undertaken at my own risk.
- I hereby accept that neither Absa, LFS nor its employees, Directors, Officers, Sub-Contractors, Consultants, Agents, or other Representatives (in whose favour this constitutes a stipulation on behalf of another) accept any responsibility and liability for any loss or damages flowing from any injury to myself or damage to my property which I may sustain or any loss or damages which any other person may sustain flowing from my death or disability as a result of any Direct or Indirect act, Omission, Default or Neglect by Absa or its Employees, Directors, Officers, Sub-contractors, Consultants, Agents, or other representatives whilst engaged in any activities at the Event or transportation to or from (if applicable) the Event provided by Absa. I waive any right that I may have to claim against Absa, LFS or its employees, directors, officers, sub-contractors, consultants, agents, or other representatives in respect of any such loss or damages, howsoever arising and whether as a result of negligence or otherwise, and I hereby expressly indemnify and keep them harmless against all such claims.
- I hereby indemnify Absa and LFS for all and any loss or damages that Absa and/or LFS may suffer as a result of my acts or conduct while attending the Event, whether the acts or conduct resulting in such loss or damages is committed at the Event itself, or on the transportation provided by Absa to and from the Event (if applicable).
- I undertake to leave the premises where the Event is held and all the equipment used during the Event in a clean state and in good order and not bring Absa’s or LFS’s name or brand into disrepute, failing which, I accept:
A. responsibility and liability for the replacement or repair of any damaged property or other damage caused as a result of my actions; and
b. liability for any damage or loss caused by me to Absa or LFS or Absa’s or LFS’s name or brand, or to any other property or person.
- I acknowledge that Absa and/or LFS its Employees, Directors, Officers, Sub-contractors, Consultants, Agents, or other Representatives reserve the right to allow and deny access to any person into the Event or on any transportation provided by Absa to or from the Event (if applicable).
- By my signature hereto, I warrant that all the information herein supplied by me are true and correct and that I have read and sought independence advice on the same.
- I hereby also provide my written, voluntary, informed, specific and revocable consent for Absa and/or LFS to publish my name and/or photograph/s in regards to the video footage of the Event (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material in regards to this Event.
- The nature of the publications will be determined at the sole discretion of Absa and LFS from the date of the Event. I further confirm that I will not have any recourse of legal action against Absa and/or LFS for whatever reason for its usage of my name and/or photograph/s in regards to the video footage of the Event and if my name and/or photograph/s is required to be used for any other purposes other than for this Event, then Absa and/or LFS will need to engage with me directly to obtain my written consent and I will not withhold consent if the request for use is reasonable. The response for request should not take more than five (5) working days. Your personal information (inclusive of your name and/or photograph/s from the video footage) will be processed in accordance with Absa’s Group Privacy Statement, accessible on absa.co.zm
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of Zambia.